Sunday, May 24, 2009

Race Day

A group of us ladies from church have taken up running. Somehow we were convinced to register for a 10K race down in Roswell, NM--Thanks Alex! We're living proof that anyone can do it. :) We were tired but very proud of ourselves.
Kara, Tina, Alex, and me...No one sent me the memo that we were wearing blue shirts. :)

Miraculously, I came in 3rd place in my age group. The kids were so excited that I came home with a medal. I ran it in 1 hour 3 minutes.

Me and Tina after the race. Don't we look lovely!?!

Alex Wixom and Kara Lott chillaxin'. :)

Once the race was over, we went back to the hotel and showered. We went to a really cute Italian restaurant then roamed around Target for 3 hours. We continued our shopping excursion (although our choices were meager) and finally left Roswell around 9 that night. It was a day full of fun! I'm so grateful I have a sweetheart who encouraged me to run and for my kids who are so easily impressed by my "accomplishments." Families are great!

2 comments:

Candace said...

How fun! I need to do more things for my self; I think it makes you a better mommy. It seems like all I do is stuff Laurel will enjoy!

Kara said...

Good job Cristina! You look really good.