Sunday, February 28, 2010

Family Fun Night

Last week for Family Home Evening we talked about talents--what they are, the need to practice them, how we should try new things. At the end we challenged the kids to work at developing a talent this week, and for this week's family home evening everyone could show their talent. Needless to say this evening was a very interesting one.

Josh started us off...with a headstand. The kids were quite impressed when he lasted over a minute. Boy, do I wish my camera hadn't been dead. :) For my talent I displayed an assortment of hairbows. Everyone tried them on and the boys tested them to see how well they stayed in short hair. (again, wish I had my camera).

Emma played two songs on the piano. I was excited that she finally started playing again. Aaron dribbled a ball...his record was 21 times. I must admit that I'm not sure if I want him to continue practicing that talent. Abby performed a dance with a gymnastics twist. At times the sound of her head hitting the floor made me worry, but she never stopped smiling. What a performer! Jacob was not all that interested in showing his own talent....he just wanted to help everyone else with theirs! All in all it was a fun (and very entertaining) evening! I'll have to make sure I'm ready for those candid camera moments next time.

No comments: