Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little helpers

This evening, after family prayers, I told the kids they could read a bit. I usually read to Abby and Jacob during the daytime, but for some reason, at night they like to 'read' by themselves. I guess they just want to be like their big brother and sister. I usually don't mind because it gives me a chance to finish picking up. Sometimes I'll catch Emma or Aaron reading to one of the younger ones. It's so nice when they help each other without having to be asked.

Tonight, Jacob was a little more tired than usual. With watching conference, and having a different schedule, he did not get a nap (something that has become a part of his routine lately). And by 7 o'clock it was obvious that his nap had been missed. He was throwing a tantrum and telling me 'No!'...so I put him in bed. I guess Emma had a bit more compassion than I did because a few minutes later I heard her singing to him. It was so sweet that I had to capture it on camera!
Everyone should have a big sister!
I know Jacob is glad he does!
Since I was taking pictures, I walked over to the girls' room and caught Abby 'reading' to herself. She is such a character. I think she could read/sing to herself, make crafts, or do 'schoolwork' all day long. She is one independent girl!
Aaron was reading a Junie B. Jones book to Josh. Aaron is such a good reader that he put Josh to sleep!
I love all my little helpers!