Friday, February 11, 2011

Having a handy man comes in handy

With all of the recent cold weather, we've had fun trying to keep things working. Our pipes kept freezing (only the ones to the washing maching and the dishwasher) because I keep turning off the dripping water....it's habit. And recently our hot-water heater wasn't heating water. I guess it went on strike. For some reason (which Josh could tell you) the pilot light wouldn't stay lit. So what does Josh do?...he gets a couple of tools and proceeds to take the thing apart. After discoving a part was bad, we got additional bad news. They don't sell the part in town. So we called the company who makes it and they are sending us the part we need. In the mean time, Josh jerry-rigged the hot water heater so we could still take showers and I could still use the dishwasher. What would I do without him?

I'll confess....sometimes I get nervous when I see him like this--but he always comes through for me. I'm glad to have a handy man.

No comments: