Saturday, February 12, 2011

Christmas pajamas

A couple of years ago we started a tradition...every Christmas Eve, each person in the family gets a pair of matching pajamas made by myself. The girls have matching fabric and the boys have matching fabric. Although it's not the cheapest way to get pajamas, it sure is worth all the time and money it takes. Every year the kids try to guess what they'll look like. I know one day they might not be as excited to get ' homemade' pj's, but until then I look forward to it every year.
Emma had requested a nightgown this year and I put ruffles on Abigail's so hers would be a little special, too.
Jacob was too excited about presents to pose with his brother and sisters.
I even made a tiny pair for Steven. The kids had insisted that I make a pair for him so he could match the rest of the family. At three weeks old he's already outgrown them. I guess I made them a bit too small. Josh and I also have pajama pants. It's been a fun tradition to start!

1 comment:

The M's said...

S0 Cute! I think that once they get older, (like out of the house older :) they'll look forward to that tradition and hold it close to their heart! Every Thanksgiving since I can remember we did a Christmas craft on Thanksgiving day and being away from family on Thanksgiving makes me miss our tradition all the much more.