Saturday, April 13, 2013

Aaron's first swim meet!

Today is a first...I am actually posting something on the same day that it happened! Miracle of miracles! In January, Aaron started swim lessons at the Y. He had the endurance to swim but he had to work on technique and learning the actual strokes. At the beginning of March he tried out for the swim team and made it. He was so excited!

 Hanging out in the gym after warming up. He wears his goggles all the time which is also why he loses them all the time. This morning before the meet we couldn't find them because he had been using them for X-ray vision yesterday.
Lining up for one of his heats. He participated in 2 relays and 4 individual events. I was a time keeper for the whole 4 1/2 hours of racing. My back and legs hurt and my tummy was rumbling but it was all worth it. Josh stayed home with the others and it was a good thing. That place got a little crazy. Next month it won't be a home meet so I won't have to be as involved.
 
Aaron was so excited and surprised that he won a heat (and no he wasn't the only one racing). It was for his 100m IM (I think that stands for independent medley). They did a length of the pool in four different strokes. I just snapped a quick picture in between events...thus the poor lighting. All in all it was a fun, but long, day.

No comments: