Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's a......

DOG! When we got home yesterday, Josh surprised the kids with a yorkie puppy. They were thrilled...well the older ones were at least. Abby won't go near him because she's scared. Jacob wants to play with him but gives a shrill scream every time the dog comes near him. Yesterday evening he was running away from the dog and ended up screaming on the floor while he got licked. And I mean screaming in a terrified-it's-going-to-eat-me kind of way. I quickly went to his rescue but I thought it was pretty funny! The kids have named the dog Riley (I hope my sister doesn't hate me--she just named her baby girl that). I tried to talk the kids out of it but they were dead set on it. When we started talking about getting a dog earlier in the year, that's the name they picked...and it just stuck. My only complaint about the dog is that I just finished potty training Jacob and now I have to potty train a dog. *sigh* Here's our household menace.

No comments: