Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A day at the beach

While roaming the country this year, Emma brought it to my attention that she had never been to the beach. In fact, none of the children have ever been. The beach just isn't my favorite place....the sand, the salt, the heat. Yuck! However, I didn't think that my negative view should effect my children's life experiences. I mean, everyone should at least have been to the beach--especially if you live within two hours of one. :) They had a blast. And after four hours of playing, the first question they asked me when we got in the car was "When can we come back again?" I would count the trip as a success!
Jacob didn't like going in the water. However, the sand was his favorite friend.
On the other hand, I to keep telling Emma and Aaron to come closer. They loved going out as far as they could.
Aaron, as always, was fearless in the water. I'm sure he had to have swallowed a gallon of water. When we got in the van, his only complaint was that his eyes hurt. I guess salt water will do that.
Jacob with his Aunt Wendi
Abigail was all over the place. She would play in the sand a little and then flit to the water...never going in too far. I sure hope it doesn't take me another 8 years to get back to the beach.

No comments: